0808 1686 626

Support with costs

An investment in your future is money well spent

A new qualification can give you that extra push to change careers or get the job that you are looking for. You may be eligible for financial support to cover the costs of studying:

  • If you are over 19 and have lived in the UK, Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for three years immediately before the start of your course, and   
  • If you study an eligible course at Level 3 and above at an approved college or provider. Approved courses include: A-levels, Access to HE diplomas, other diplomas or certificates, advanced or higher apprenticeships.

19+ Advanced Learner Loans

If the above applies, you are eligible to apply for a loan to cover your tuition fees. The loans are not means-tested or subject to credit checks and you start repaying it when you earn over £21,000 per year. 

19+ Advanced Learner Loans for Access to Higher Education courses are automatically cleared if you go on to complete a higher education course with support of a higher education student loan. For more information, visit gov.uk/advanced-learning-loans.

Please remember a loan is not the only option. For information and advice, contact the National Careers Service and Money Advice Service

19+ Advanced Learner Loans - bursary fund

If you fund your tuition fees through a 19+ loan and your household income is less than £30,000, you can apply for financial support from college to cover travel, accommodation and childcare costs. Please contact us for more information.  

Financial support

  • Travel bursary – if you live more than three miles from college and your household income is less than £30,000 a year or if you receive income assessed benefits
  • Course costs bursary – available if you are paying tuition fees and your household income is less than £30,000
  • Residential bursary - available if your household income is less than £30,000 and we are the closest learning provider offering your course
  • Childcare costs – available if you are a parent aged 20 or over and your household income is less than £30,000 or you are in receipt of income assessed benefits. If you are under 20, the Care to Learn government scheme can help with childcare costs. 

You’ll need to complete an application form to apply for financial support. Call us on 08081 686626 if you’d like to talk through financial support in detail.

Download the 19+ Bursary application form for the academic year 2016/17.

Ways to send your form to us:

In person, complete the form in full and print the form and bring into any reception, along with copies of your evidence.

By post, complete the form in full and print the form and send along with copies of your evidence to: Banbury and Bicester College, Broughton Road, Banbury, OX16 0BX.

By email, complete the form in full and save it to your desktop, then attach to an email and send to enquiries@banbury-bicester.ac.uk You will have to provide either scanned copies of your evidence along with your email or bring them in at a later date. We will not be able to process your claim for financial support until we have received the required evidence.

Higher education

Higher education programmes have different fees dependent on the programme and awarding body.

International students

If you are not a UK or EU citizen, you will need to pay international student fees. 

Please speak to us today on 0808 168 6626 and we will happily answer any questions you have about your particular situation.