The Hobby Horse Children’s Centre is our nursery. The centre provides childcare for up to 62 children between the ages of three months and 10 years, including an after-school club run in partnership with Queensway Primary School.
The team of highly qualified staff aims to provide an environment in which children will be encouraged to learn through play, promoting all aspects of their development.
This is done by:
- Providing a home from home experience where staff can follow babies’ routines and parents’ own values to ensure the continuity of care
- Working towards the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum
- Promoting equality of opportunity for all children and families, ensuring each child is equally valued in a secure and happy atmosphere
- Providing a safe, stimulating environment in which children feel confident to make choices and motivated to become independent learners
- Giving both parent and child support of a personal keyperson
- Opportunities for you and your family to be involved, in the themed activities and in your own child’s progress
The centre has a commitment to staff training and updating their knowledge in childcare. Students completing childcare courses at Banbury and Bicester College regularly work alongside centre staff on placements, building practical experience alongside their studies.
Based on Mewburn Road, the facility gives priority to children whose parents are employed by or studying at Banbury and Bicester College but also welcomes applications from the wider community.
To book your child’s place, discuss fees, term dates and for any other queries, please call the centre on 01295 250687.
Ofsted rated the children’s centre as ‘good’ in all areas in its 2013 inspection. The report concluded:
- Children enjoy being in a lively and busy environment
- Staff support children’s learning well, which helps them to make good progress in preparation for school
- Staff make good use of observation, assessment and planning to show that children are making good progress
- There is good support available for children with special educational needs and for children learning English as an additional language
- The centre establishes positive partnerships with parents and children enjoy positive relationships with staff
- Younger children develop good skills for independence
- Staff have a kind and warm approach towards children