Are you looking for a college that will cater to your additional learning needs?
We provide a range of support for Learners with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. This includes support for students with hearing impairments, mobility difficulties, medical conditions such as epilepsy, and specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia or dyspraxia.
We also help students with chronic fatigue syndrome, autistic spectrum disorders such as Asperger Syndrome, ADHD, mobility impairments, visual impairments and speech impairments. We also work with students with long term medical conditions and mental health difficulties.
We can help you with:
- advice and information on disability support and reasonable adjustments at college
- individual support plans
- access arrangements in exams
- specialist equipment
- support workers e.g. note takers, communication support workers for students with hearing impairments, mentors
- liaison with academic department staff
- assistance with diagnostic and needs assessment and Disabled Students Allowance (DSA) applications
From gaining independent living skills to preparing for employment through work placements or working in The Shop, we’ll help you go further.
We are always available to talk, so contact us to discuss any support needs. We are here to help!